Click green box for more information

GANARGUA CREEK MEADOW PRESERVE

I was glancing at google maps today to see where Mud Creek flowed north from Mertensia Park.  I noticed the Genesee Land Trust property in Macedon and decided to make a visit (Friday, May 6, 2022).  I did not find as many mertensia as I might have expected, but I did find a lovely large patch of white trillium.  We entered at the north east corner (Wilkinson Road) and walked south along east trail.

 Ganargua Creek Meadow Preserve


We parked near these signs

Crown Vetch
 
Bur cucumber

purple dead nettle and dandelion

spent bloodroot and possibly Canada Mayflower leaf


My hiking buddies today

lots of violets

White trillium

patch of trillium



some meadow rue

guessing iris

False Solomon Seal (zig zag stem)

Mertensia/blue bells


yellow violets


Cut leaf toothworth

lesser celandine

bed straw

lots of these leaves...might have to come back to see them again in bloom